(Originally posted on Simple Native)
Who said that date night is a man's job? I'm all about chivalry, but sometimes it's okay if I plan a date night every now and then! Here are some ideas that you can surprise your man with! Welcome him home from work on Friday with a kiss and tell you've got date night covered.
1. Pack a picnic. This is great if you're dating on a budget, just pack some leftovers and your favorite blanket, and head to the nearest park, your backyard, or if you're in Nashville, Arrington Vineyards! Going to Arrington is one of our favorite things to do, even during the workweek!
2. Take a trip to the driving range. And if you're really in love, make it 9 holes (you can drive the golf cart) and throw in a pack of ProV1's. If your guy isn't into golf, plan an activity involving his favorite hobby.
3. Paint Night. My husband isn't the artsiest so he was surprised at how much fun he had when he took me to Pinot's Palette for Valentine's day. There are guided painting courses all over so look for something similar in your area. It was so easy, a caveman can do it!
4. Plan a scenic drive and make a special playlist! I'm sure Tim would rather do the driving but I know he would love it if I planned the day and knew the places to stop along the way. We are lucky to live near the Natchez Trace so that's where we'll go.
5. Make his favorite meal. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so whip up his favorite food! The thought and preparation will go a long way in this simple date night at home!
My husband's love language is quality time so doing any of these options, without my cell phone attached to my hand, is the perfect way to spend time together and make him feel the love!
What are your favorite things to do on date night?