Okay. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't want to get old and anti-aging techniques are pretty high up on my list of priorities. So after much research, counsel and prayer, I took the plunge and shaved my face.
Before you judge me, hear me out. I first heard about this a while back on the radio and then a few weeks ago, my very own dermatologist confirmed that she in fact shaves her face on a regular basis. But why, you ask? Well, have you ever noticed that men don't have as many lines on their face where they shave? It's because their skin is constantly regenerating in those areas! Shaving is essentially exfoliating away all of those dead skin cells. Plus it gets rid of the peach fuzz on my face and I love that.
And yes, we've all heard the myth about hair growing back darker and thicker. Well according to aforementioned dermatologist, myself and actual truth, it does not. I'm two weeks in with this new experience and I'm sold and I haven't grown a thick, dark beard.
So, here is how I did it:
1. I bought these eyebrow razors at Target. You can also use a nickel-free razor without a moisturizer strip because apparently those little strips harbor bacteria. Which I feel like we should be more concerned about but whatever. And make sure that this razor is only used on your face.
2. I washed my face and then reapplied a small amount of my cream cleanser to act as a shaving cream of sorts.
3. I took my teeny tiny razor and gently shaved my entire face. Yes even my forehead, my cheeks and my chin. I'm not just talking about shaving lady mustaches here. And if you have any skin concerns at all, check with your dermatologist before you shave.
4. Rinse and lather on some moisturizer.
5. Touch your face and be amazed about how smooth it is!
Are you going to give this a try?